- This grain free granola recipe makes low sugar granola clusters that are perfect for breakfast or snacking, NO refined sugars – paleo and vegan friendly!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup raw mixed nuts (see notes).
- 1/3 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chocolate chips (vegan) or sugar free chocolate chips.
- optional 1–2 tbsp of chia or flaxseed
- optional 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl in the order listed. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly onto prepared baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake at 325 F for 25-30 minutes. Mine took 28 minutes. You will know when it’s done when nuts are golden and chocolate is slightly melted with nuts. See picture in blog post.
- Then remove pan from the oven and allow the granola to cool on the pan. Do not touch! The chocolate and the maple syrup should have melted with the nuts, binding it all together.
- Once the pan has cooled, the granola should be ready to break into large pieces. Aka, granola clusters.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Look for mixed nuts that include in larger nuts ,i.e brazil nuts. The larger nuts help to better form granola clusters during baking.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grain free granola, low sugar granola clusters