This Gluten Free Panko Chicken recipe features juicy, panko crusted chicken and roasted veggies for a flavor-loaded chicken recipe the whole family will love!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Seasoned Gluten Free Panko or our gluten free panko recipe (see notes):
- 3/4 to 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan, finely crushed gluten-free potato chips, or pork rinds (see notes)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place larger thick chicken breasts in a ziplock bag then pound chicken breasts to ½-3/4 inch thick.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and generously season with salt. Place seasoned chicken on the lined sheet pan. Set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl or plate, stir together seasoned panko ingredients. Set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together eggs.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg then roll in the seasoned panko. Gently press the panko into the chicken, if needed.
- Place the breaded chicken back on the lined sheet pan. Lightly spray each piece of chicken with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 22 to 28 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F. Baking times may vary based on the thickness of chicken. Rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat chicken in the air fryer or in the oven for crispier breading.
The last ingredient in the seasoned panko (parmesan cheese or potato chips) is not included in the original gluten-free panko recipe, be sure to add it to this recipe.
Alternate Method – AIR FRYER OPTION – Preheat the air fryer to 400F. After preheating, spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place the panko chicken breasts in the preheated air fryer (ensuring they don’t overlap) and cook for 8 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F. Do not overcook. Rest 5 minutes before slicing.
One Pan Meal Tip– This meal can easily be a sheet pan dinner with the addition of vegetables. In a large bowl, combine 2 to 3 cups fresh broccoli or fresh green beans with ½ Tablespoon light olive oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. To bake in the oven, place on a separate sheet pan and bake for the last 15 minutes of cooking time for the chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 ounce panko chicken breast
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 383.2 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 144.1 mg
Keywords: gluten-free panko chicken, panko chicken, breaded chicken, chicken recipe, main, dairy-free