Soft and fluffy, these Gluten Free Coconut Orange Muffins are loaded with sweet and tangy orange flavor and perfect for breakfast and snacks! Dairy free friendly!
- 1 cup (around 105 – 115 grams) gluten free oat flour *See notes
- 1/2 cup (55-60 grams) coconut flour, sifted
- 4 Tablespoons (30–40 grams) vanilla plant protein
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons melted refined coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, divided
- Orange slices to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line or grease a muffin pan. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients; the oat and coconut flours, protein powder, baking soda, starch (tapioca or arrowroot), sweetener, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice, egg, vanilla extract, oil, and milk.
- Working in batches, combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. If needed, use a hand mixer to mix the batter together until smooth. NOTE – If the batter is too dry (thick), gradually add more milk (2-4 tbsp).
- Fold in the shredded coconut. Save a few tablespoons for topping. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with shredded coconut, and place a thinly sliced orange on top.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes. Check for doneness after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze up to 4 months.
Oat flour gram measurements may slightly vary based on if you made your own oat flour or store bought.
If you don’t have plant based protein, it can be substituted with 2 Tablespoons more oat flour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 155.4 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 18.6 g
Keywords: oatmeal muffin recipe, gluten free, dairy free, orange oat muffins, naturally sweetened, breakfast, snack, kid friendly