Cherry Basil Provolone Gluten Free Grilled Cheese
- 2 pieces of gluten free bread
- 2 oz provolone
- butter or coconut butter
- 1/3 cup sliced or chopped berries
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- first butter your bread. Lay flat then place 1 oz (slice) provolone on each piece of bread. Top one side with the cherries and basil. Season with a dash of pepper. Place other bread on top.
- Next, warm your skillet. I used a cast iron skillet.
- Add 1 tsp of butter or use coconut spray and grease your pan (I used a cast iron skillet for more flavor and nutrients).
- Place sandwich in skillet and press down with spatula for a few minutes or until the bread is browned and cheese is starting to melt.
- Then flip to the other side and repeat. Bread should be nice and golden brown and the cheese melted.