This Veggie lovers flatbread pizza recipe will forever change your pizza night routine! Making a gluten free pizza can be simple and delicious – all you need are the right ingredients. It’s simple, effortless, and ready in 15 minutes.
- 10–12 inch gluten free thin crust pizza or flatbread (feel free to use my paleo naan bread or socca recipe here too)
- Olive oil to sauté and to drizzle
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup torn basil or herbs of choice
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup fresh diced tomatoes or canned tomatoes (drained)
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sliced yellow squash (or other veggie of choice)
- Shredded leafy greens of choice (arugula, spinach, etc)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta or goat cheese (feel free to sub vegan cheese here too!)
- Cracked black pepper
- Dash sea salt
- Optional crushed red pepper chili flakes to top
- Optional protein add-ons: 6 oz cooked diced protein of choice (beef or chicken, tempeh, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the flatbread in the oven and lightly toast (dried) for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add a few teaspoons of olive oil to a pan and sauté the onions and garlic until tender and fragrant; about 2 minutes.
- Build the pizza! Mix the diced tomatoes with torn herbs and spread evenly on the flatbread. Place the sautéed onions and garlic on top.
- Layer the vegetables on top starting with sliced zucchini, yellow squash, etc. Finish topping with the shredded greens, goat cheese, seasoning, and fresh herbs.
- Place in oven on center rack until edges are crispy and cheese is melted; about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and top with cracked black pepper, dash of sea salt, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with optional crushed red pepper chili flakes.
- Feel free to add in extra herbs on top or cooked diced protein when adding the cheese. Can add the shredded salad last with the cilantro if you rather have the ingredients more crisp!
- Don’t have fresh tomatoes? No problem! You can use a no sugar added tomato sauce.
- Spicy option – add a splash of your favorite spicy red sauce or jalapenos on top.
- Nutrition below based on gluten free flatbread (1/3 of pizza)
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: main
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 586.8 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 9.2 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: pizza, flatbread, vegetarian, healthy, gluten free, vegetables, dinner