Curry spiced foil packet potatoes and eggs is a gluten free, Paleo, healthy grilling recipe (or oven) for breakfast or dinner. Make this vegetarian recipe tonight!
- 4 cups (around 1 lb) of sliced golden or red potatoes (or diced sweet potato can be substituted). See notes.
- 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 clove
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder seasoning with turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper, each
- 4 large eggs
- optional topping – salsa, avocado, red pepper flakes, fresh herbs, parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the potatoes and toss them with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place potatoes on grill or baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or grill at 450F, turning potatoes once, half way through cooking. (The potatoes should be tender but not overcooked). While potatoes are baking, make the foil packets and place on a baking sheet.
- Once potatoes are grilled or baked, place 1 cup of cooked potatoes into each foil packet.
- Crack an egg on top of each foil pack.
- Place sheet pan back in oven for about 8-10 minutes or until yolks look firm but not overcooked.
- Remove and garnish with any extra toppings of choice; herbs, avocado, salsa, cheese, or dressing of choice.
- Freeze these packs for up to 2 months then reheat in oven. The egg yolk will harden but taste is still delicious!
Can’t eat eggs? No prob, substitute egg with pre-cooked chicken, chicken sausage, feta or mozzarella, or chickpeas.
Omit cheese for whole 30 option.
Note – Eight to 10 small new red or gold potatoes equal one pound.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: breakfast/dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american/indian
- Serving Size: 1 foil packet without topping
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 243.9 mg
- Fat: 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: foil packet potatoes, potatoes dinner, eggs, healthy grilling recipe