This oatmeal crepes recipe is a delicious replacement for pancakes. They’re gluten free, and with a vegan option, they’re perfect for Mother’s Day!
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats/oatmeal (to blend)
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour or AP gluten free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1–2 tbsp raw sugar or xylitol
- 1 cup almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter or oil for the pan
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats/oatmeal (grind)
- 1/4 cup All-purpose gluten free flour, or brown rice flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1.25 cups almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (naturally refined)
Optional fillings and topping
- 1/4 cup (per crepe) yogurt of choice or coconut whipped cream
- fresh fruit
- powdered sugar or maple syrup, for topping
- Place the oats in food processor or blender. Blend until fine flour is formed.
- Place ground oat flour and brown rice flour in blender. Blend until combined. This helps sift the flours together. You may also do this by hand in a large bowl, whisking.
- Next, place 2 eggs, salt, sugar, non dairy milk, and vanilla in blender. Blend again until smooth. Batter will be thinner than pancake batter. (See notes for vegan option)
- Place batter in fridge to chill for 20 minutes. Not required but recommended.
- While batter is cooling, heat your pan. Heat a large 10 inch non stick skillet or crepe pan with 1 tbsp oil or butter.
- Slowly heat the pan to the desired temp. Even heat is needed for the perfect crepes! Keep on medium to medium low.
- Scoop 1/4 to 1/2 cup batter and gently pour into the edge of the pan, tilted. Then move the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter into a large circle.
- Let cook 1–2 minutes and then carefully flip to the other side to finish cooking. Gently slide crepe onto a plate to cool before you fold them. Repeat the process until batter is used up. This usually makes 5–6 large crepes.
- Once you’ve made all the crepes, then fill crepes with filling of choice (yogurt, nut butter, etc.) or simply fold into quarters and place on serving plate. Top with fresh fruit and powdered sugar, if desired.
- Vegan option takes longer to cook, but they taste great! About 1 and a half minutes per side. Vegan crepes have a little doughier texture. So, I recommend making them slightly smaller when cooking. As a result, they will be easier to flip. Makes 6-7 crepes.
- Chill batter for at least 30 to 1 hour for best results.
- Best to use blender to blend ingredients, then chill. If you don’t have blender, you may use oat flour and combine ingredients in bowl, whisking flours first, then adding remaining ingredients to combine until smooth.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 crepes (non vegan)
Keywords: oatmeal crepes, crepes recipe, vegan, gluten free, oat flour