Curried Chicken Salad with Spicy Mango Chutney – Paleo friendly and Meal Prep friendly!
Curried Chicken Salad with Chutney
- 8 ounces chicken (roasted, baked, or grilled chicken breast – sliced)
- 4–5 cups leafy greens
- 1 /2 cup to 1 cup sprouts or microgreens (optional)
- 1/3 c to 1/2 c peeled and diced mango (or 1 small green mango peeled)
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- jalapeño or other pepper of choice (around 1/4 c to 1/3 c sliced and de-seeded)
- 1/2 c plain yogurt or paleo mayo
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1/3 c spicy chutney – I used my quick jalapeño mango chutney recipe
- 1 lime – reserve 1 tbsp juice, then cut into wedges
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce roasted or raw cashew nuts (halves or whole)
- Garnishes: herbs (cilantro), diced green onion (stem portion), optional lime wedges, peppercorns
- First slice your chicken (cooked) into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces. If using rotisserie chicken, you may shred it into strips. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Prep your produce: Clean the spinach and sprouts/microgreens, peel and dice mango and peppers, etc. Place greens, mango, and peppers in a large serving bowl.
Curry and Chutney Sauce for the Chicken:
- In a small bowl, mix the paleo mayo or plain yogurt with chutney, curry powder, pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and lime juice. Taste and adjust spices to your liking. If you are using a thick Greek yogurt, you might want to mix in 2 tsp or so of olive oil to thin it out.
- Next spoon the curry chutney sauce over the chicken and toss all together. You can use as much or as little sauce as you’d like. Adjust as needed. Save extra sauce in sealed jar in fridge for later (meal prep option).
- Place your chicken salad mix on top of the bed of spinach, sprouts, mango, and peppers (jalapeños). Garnish with cashews, herbs, onion, lime wedges, peppercorns, and any extra sauce you’d like.
- Paleo option, use my refined sugar free chutney recipe and paleo mayo recipe or store bought paleo mayo that uses olive oil or avocado oil.
- Meal prep – Prep greens and mango and place in containers. Mix the chicken with curry sauce and keep in separate container until ready to use. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: salad
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: american Indian
Keywords: salad, chicken, curry, salad, paleo, meal prep, gluten free, healthy, chicken salad