This superfood smoothie is an easy way to boost Energy and Protein intake with real food. No protein powder needed. A “balanced” creamy Superfood smoothie with coconut milk, spirulina, fruit, avocado, ginger root, and a pinch antioxidant rich spices! Paleo and Vegan friendly
- 1 small Avocado
- 1 small orange
- 1–2 strips fresh ginger root, or 1 tbsp grated.
- 12 to 15 oz almond or coconut milk (the less you use, the thicker it is)
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup (adjust to sweetness desired)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamon spice
- 1 scoop spirulina powder (around 7- 10 grams)
- Optional protein powder. See notes
- Optional chia seed or topping of choice.
- Peel your avocado and remove core. Peel orange. Place in a blender, add the grated ginger, milk, maple syrup, spices, and the spirulina last. Blend until smooth and pour into two glasses.
- Add a pinch of spirulina on top and a dash of coconut milk then place a fork in the middle of the cup to “swirl” together if you want that effect.
- Optional – For thicker smoothies add in 1 tbsp chia seed or 1 scoop protein powder. For creamier smoothies, add 2 tbsp chilled coconut milk (thick portion).
- If you are looking for a protein/spirulina combo, we use Nutrex.
- Category: drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: superfoods, superfood smoothies, spirulina, healthy drinks