Spirulina Superfood Smoothie is made with fresh and simple ingredients for a balanced meal that can help improve digestion and reduce inflammation. Toss the ingredients in the blender for a healthy breakfast or easy snack that can be taken on-the-go! Paleo and Vegan options.
- 1 small avocado or half a large avocado (~ 150 grams)
- 1 small orange or kiwi (peeled, sliced)
- 1 to 2 strips of fresh ginger root (1 Tablespoon grated)
- 12 to 15 ounces almond or coconut milk (the less you use, the thicker it is)
- 1–2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1–2 teaspoons spirulina powder (around 3 – 5 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional – pinch of cardamom
- Optional plant protein powder
- Optional chia seed or topping of choice
- Peel your avocado and remove the core. Place in a blender, adding the orange or kiwi, grated ginger, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, spices, and spirulina on top.
- Blend until smooth and pour into two glasses.
- Optional: Add a dash of coconut milk then place a fork in the middle of the cup to “swirl” together if you want that effect.
- Optional – For thicker smoothies and extra protein, add in 1 Tablespoon chia seed or 1 scoop protein powder.
If you are looking for a protein/spirulina combo, we used Nutrex.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 14.7 g
- Sodium: 135.4 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.4 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: superfoods, superfood smoothies, spirulina, healthy drinks