This superfood smoothie is an easy way to boost Energy and Protein intake with real food. No protein powder needed. A “balanced” creamy Superfood smoothie with coconut milk, spirulina, fruit, avocado, ginger root, and a pinch antioxidant rich spices! Paleo and Vegan friendly
- 2–3 tbsp chilled coconut cream
- 1 small Avocado
- 1–2 strips fresh ginger root, or 1 tbsp grated.
- 1 small orange
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup (adjust to sweetness desired)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamon spice
- 10 to 14 oz almond or coconut milk (the less you use, the thicker it is)
- 1 scoop spirulina powder (around 7- 10 grams)
- Optional protein powder. See notes
- Optional chia seed or topping of choice.
- First make sure to have a can of coconut cream in the fridge. This will help thicken the smoothie when you blend. You can use at room temperature coconut cream but it won’t be as thick. You also have the option of leaving out the coconut cream if desired.
- Next peel your fruits, avocado, and grate your ginger. Place in a blender, add the the spirulina last. Blend until smooth and pour into two glasses.
- Add a pinch of spirulina on top and a dash of coconut milk then place a fork in the middle of the cup to “swirl” together if you want that effect.
- If you are looking for a protein/spirulina combo, we use Nutrex.
- Category: drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: superfoods, superfood smoothies, spirulina, healthy drinks