Coconut Rice and Pomegranate Porridge
- 1 cup jasmine rice (equals about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- First rinse your rice. I usually let it soak for 10 minutes. Prepare rice according to instructions. Adding in 1 tbsp coconut oil and dash of salt while it cooks.
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer to a bowl. Mix in half your pomegranate seeds, cinnamon, coconut cream, and maple syrup. You can either eat right away or let it cool in fridge. Once you are ready to eat, top with the other 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds and nuts. Add more coconut milk and cinnamon if you want a thinner porridge. Spoon into bowls when ready to eat.
- Feel free to add in more nuts too! Makes about 3 servings all around 3/4 cup. Or 2 large servings.
If you want to make this for a hot breakfast, simply heat the bowl or coconut milk before pouring onto hot rice.