Coconut Peanut Butter Protein Bites are a rich flavored, healthy grain free snack, packed with protein! These NO BAKE vegan protein bites are lower in sugar and carbs. Great for summer treats!
• 1/4 cup gluten free granola or other cereal of choice
• 1/3 cup coconut flour (can also use peanut flour or almond flour)
• 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
• 1/2 cup Vanilla Cream Protein Powder of choice
• 2 -3 tbsp. coconut flakes
• dash of cinnamon
• 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey if you are not vegan)
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean or vanilla Extract.
• 1/4 tsp coconut extract (optional)
First, grind up your granola in food processor to make more fine, similar to an almond meal texture.
In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients.
Then mix in your nut butter, extracts, and last the maple syrup or honey. Mix well (I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. Add more honey/PB if they end up being too dry to roll. Just depends on type of protein you use. Place balls on cookie sheet and then freeze for 30 minutes.
Once they set in freezer for 30 minutes, you can remove and coat them in more vanilla protein or peanut flour. Then place in ziplock bag and store in fridge or freezer.
Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more.
For paleo option, us a grain free granola or trail mix blend versus granola.