This low carb shake recipe is full of healthy coconut cream and unsweetened chocolate cocoa. It will fuel your body for the day, keeping you energized and nourished. Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo friendly, vegan and low carb.
- 4 oz full fat coconut cream or milk – To make EXTRA creamy, freeze your coconut cream beforehand. (see notes for lighter option)
- 2 tbsp coconut MCT oil or melted coconut oil (grass fed butter also works)
- 8 oz almond or unsweetened coconut drinking milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp creamy almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- Optional add ins to sweeten it – berries, stevia leaf or xylitol, cinnamon, banana or maple syrup for extra sweetness (banana and maple syrup will add additional carbohydrates but still VERY nutrient dense and healthy)
- This makes 2 smaller, very filling shakes or 1 large nutrient dense chocolate shake.
- This shake is rich, but not sweet if you don’t add a sweetener. Erythritol or a Xylitol sweetener like Swerve are diabetic friendly. Or you can add stevia.
- If you don’t care about carbohydrate intake, feel free to add in banana and/or maple syrup.
- To lighten it up, replace the coconut cream with almond milk (unsweetened) or coconut drinking milk. Still add in the MCT oils or melted coconut oil.
- This shake can also be heated to make a creamy LOW CARB Creamy HOT CHOCOLATE.
- Nutrition shown for 2 servings, without any added sugars.
- Category: drinks, breakfast
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 84.2mg
- Fat: 23.1g
- Saturated Fat: 16.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: low carb shake, breakfast drinks, protein drinks, healthy breakfast, MCT oils