Chia Matcha Smoothie is an energizing, make ahead drink with antioxidants, fiber, and probiotics. Make this smoothie recipe for breakfast to go, or anytime! Gluten free and vegan friendly
- 10 ounces Coconut Yogurt or Kefir Yogurt (Plain or Vanilla)
- 1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1 large Banana
- Ground Cinnamon
- 8 oz Vanilla Almond or Coconut milk
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (plant based or collagen protein)
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup Gluten Free Oats or Granola
- 1 tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup (optional)
- Add yogurt/kefir, banana, milk and protein powder to a blender. Blend on high power until smooth. Add matcha powder and cinnamon and blend again.
- Set out 2 bowls or glasses, or one large glass if you want to use it for multiple days.
- To each bowl or glass, add 2 tbsp of chia seeds and 2-3 tbsp oats. Evenly divide matcha smoothie to each bowl/glass.
- Mix contents of bowl/glass to combine, then transfer to refrigerator to chill overnight.
- The next morning, top each bowl/cup with extra oats or granola, chia seed, and maple syrup/honey, if desired.
- Here’s the matcha powder I use (Amazon affiliate link)
- Plain coconut yogurt for vegan option
- Nutrition shown per serving, without additional sweetener added.
- I made matcha latte to pour over the top of my smoothie.
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Sodium: 118.2mg
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 28.1g
- Fiber: 10.6g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 16.8mg
Keywords: matcha smoothie, matcha recipes, vegan smoothie, make ahead breakfast