Quick and easy, these lamb chops are made in the broiler in minutes and made with a mint chimichurri sauce for added tenderness and flavor!
For the Mint Chimichurri Marinade:
- 1 1/2 cups (1 bunch) flat-leaf parsley, torn
- 1 cup mint leaves with the stem
- 2 teaspoons serrano or jalapeno pepper (1/2 a pepper with or without the seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4–5 bone-in lamb chops (1 1/2 to 2 inches thick) *See notes
- Fresh mint for garnish (if desired).
- Make the mint chimichurri sauce by placing the parsley, mint, pepper, garlic, lime, and honey into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the lamb chops in 1/2 cup + of the mint chimichurri sauce marinade for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Reserve remaining for brushing (halfway through cooking) or for serving.
- Place an oven rack 6-inches under the broiler. Preheat broiler for 5 minutes.
- Place the lamb on a baking sheet or broiling pan. Cook under the broiler for 4-6 minutes per side or until the lamb has reached your desired doneness. Brush with extra sauce (if desired) halfway through cooking, if desired.Total broil time will vary based on the thickness of the chops and cut of meat. See notes.**
- Remove chops from oven and let them rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with remaining mint chimichurri sauce and fresh mint, if desired.
- For thinner chops, it is best to trim most of the fat around the border, still allowing ¼-inch of the fat (or so) to remain.
- Broiling times will vary based on thickness of chops. If using loin chops instead of rib chops, broil 1-2 minutes more minutes on each side. Or until desired doneness.
- Degree of doneness – Between 120°F to 125°F for rare chops, 135°F to 145°F for medium-rare chops, or 160°F to 170°F for chops that are well done. Chops should be pulled from the heat once 5-10 °F below the desired internal temperature. This is because the chops will continue to cook while resting.
- Prep Time: `1 hour
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 chop
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 3.8
- Sodium: 195.9
- Fat: 12.3
- Saturated Fat: 5.4
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 1.8
- Protein: 14.5
- Cholesterol: 43.5
Keywords: lamb, lamb chops, chimichurri, mint, broiler