This Asian noodle recipe for Cheater’s Sweet and Sour Noodles makes a delicious and healthy dinner. It’s incredibly easy to make and a great use for leftovers! Lower carb option in notes.
- 10.5 ounces (300 grams) rice noodles or gluten free spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces diced cooked ham or cooked protein of choice
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple, optional
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- 1 sliced green onion, for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet with sesame oil over medium high. Add the red onion and saute for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add bell pepper slices and saute/stir fry again for and additional minute, or until peppers are coated in oil and slightly cooked.
- Add the cooked pasta to ingredients in the pan and toss to combine. Add an additional 1 tbsp oil if needed.
- Mix in the sweet and sour sauce and cooked protein of choice. Toss all together and cook on medium until noodles are well coated, about 5 minutes.
- Add optional diced pineapple, reduce to medium low. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until pasta and sauce are evenly coated with vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, cilantro, and red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately or place in airtight container to store in fridge.
If you’d like to reduce carbohydrates, replace rice noodles with veggie noodles of choice or even hearts of palm noodles!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 12.7 g
- Sodium: 681.4 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.7 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 34.6 mg
Keywords: sweet and sour sauce, sweet and sour noodles, Asian noodles recipe, homemade sauce recipe