Yum Yum sauce is a creamy hibachi sauce for meat, seafood, veggies and rice. Make this healthier gluten free condiment with unrefined sugar!
- 1 cup full fat paleo mayonnaise *see notes
- 1 tbsp unsweetened ketchup or 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp melted clarified butter (for lactose free, use ghee)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika *see notes
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2–3 tbsp water *see notes
- Combine ingredients in a medium size bowl. Whisk or beat together until creamy.
- Taste and season with salt/pepper to your liking.
- For best flavor, refrigerate in an airtight container for 8-24 hours before serving.
- When not using, refrigerate in an airtight container. It will keep for up to 7 days.
- Paleo mayonnaise is made with cold pressed plant oils, not industrial oils. Ex: olive oil, avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, or naturally refined coconut oil.
- For a smokier flavor, use smoked paprika.
- For thinner sauce, use 3 tbsp water.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: N/A
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Keywords: yum yum sauce, Japanese white sauce, sakura sauce, hibachi sauce