A slice of vegan pumpkin bread studded with dark chocolate chips makes for a delicious healthy fall snack! This quick bread recipe is also gluten free and SO easy to make!
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose gluten free flour (or 1:1 gluten free flour)
- ½ cup oat flour (See NOTES to make your own)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup xylitol or 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp to 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine kosher salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup grapeseed oil or refined coconut oil (see notes for substitutes)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup or honey (note- honey is not vegan)
- 3 to 4 Tbsp non dairy milk (depending on thickness of GF flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup to 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life Foods Vegan Dark Chocolate or Mini Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a standard sized loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix or sift together the flours, sugar, soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, syrup, and milk. Vanilla extract optional.
- Add wet mixture to dry; stir, then add in the apple cider vinegar. Combine until just moistened. Do not overmix. The batter will be very thick!
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until top of loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. If outside starts to brown faster than the middle is cooking, cover with foil and continue to bake until center is done.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Use a butter knife to gently loosen bread from sides of pan, then invert onto a cooling rack.
How to make oat flour
- To make oat flour, just place rolled oats into the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender. Then process until it becomes a fine powder.
Oil replacement – Vegan butter, melted, may be used as replacement)
- Category: snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread, quick bread recipe, dark chocolate chips, gluten free quick bread