An easy healthy way to use MCT oil is to make Iced Bulletproof Coffee Latte! No butter needed. Vegan and paleo friendly.
- 10–14 ounces of unsweetened almond or coconut drinking milk (divided)
- 1 – 2 teaspoons coconut oil (naturally refined for less coconut taste)
- 1 Tablespoons MCT oil, regular or vanilla – flavored (use less to begin with if you sensitive to fat or new to drinking bulletproof style coffee)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup strong brewed coffee, prepared (around 3-4 Tablespoons ground dark roast coffee brewed with 1 cup water) – see notes for prep options
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or hazelnut extract
- Optional sweetener of choice – 1 Tablespoon maple syrup, honey, or xylitol (note- honey is not vegan)
- Before you brew —> Optional vegan milk ice cubes – First, mix 1/3 cup almond milk with 1 tsp naturally refined coconut oil, mct oil. Pour in ice tray and freeze. You can also just regular ice cubes, crushed ice, or frozen vanilla almond milk to freeze. Freeze fore 15-20 minutes or until ice cubes are formed. This is optional. If you prefer to skip the infused ice cubes, just use regular ice.
- While the ice cubes are freezing, make your coffee. Brew coffee (3-4 tbsp of organic dark roast ground blend) with 1 cup or less water. I prefer using a french press or stovetop method. If using stove top, strain coffee in a french press or use organic filter. This method helps create bolder flavor and strength of brew. Perfect for iced coffee! (See notes).
- Place strained coffee in large container and in fridge to chill.
- Once the ice cubes have frozen and your coffee is cooled, remove from fridge.
- Blend together the remaining part of your almond/coconut milk with MCT oil and the brewed coffee. You can do this in a blender or by hand. I prefer a blender to get extra frothy! Mix in the vanilla and any sweetener of choice (optional).
- Pour the blended bulletproof coffee into two small glasses, then add your ice cubes on top.
- Pour extra almond milk or coconut creamer on top and swirl together with coffee
- Sip and enjoy as the ice cubes melt into your coffee giving it even more “buttery” flavor and energy!
Coffee preparations – If you don’t have a french press, feel free to use regular drip coffee method. You will need at least 1/2 c or more strong brewed coffee.
No coffee maker? No problem! You can brew coffee using the stove top method. You will just need a strainer for the coffee once brewed.
For HOT coffee (vegan bulletproof coffee), just skip the ice cubes and blend all together when hot.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: drink
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 189.7 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, paleo, whole 30, drink bulletproof coffee, latte, iced coffee, low carb, mct oil