Whip up this Vegan Greek Quinoa Burger recipe in minutes for nutrient-rich, plant-based burgers full of vitamins, nutrients, and flavor. Serve them on gluten free buns with all your favorite toppings!
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cups sunflower seeds (raw or dry roasted)
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Optional 1/4 tsp + smoked paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes *adjust to desired taste
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1 cup of water, and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to simmer, cover the pan, and cook for 12-14 minutes. Uncover the pan, and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cooked quinoa, sunflower seeds, rolled oats, and flax meal.
- Process until well mixed but not over-processed. Add black olives, red onion, garlic, and parsley, and pulse until combined.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients – optional paprika, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, salt, and pepper, and blend until well combined but not over-processed. The batter should still be a bit thick and chunky. *See blog photos.
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl, and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the batter is chilling, preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (See notes for air fryer option.)
- Remove the batter from the fridge, and shape it into ½-inch thick patties that are 3-4 inches wide. Place the patties on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then, gently flip the patties over, and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the patties from the oven, and let them cool for 5 minutes before preparing the quinoa burger.
- Assemble the patties on a gluten free bun with toppings of choice.
- Storage: For any leftovers, store the cooked quinoa patties in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven until warmed through.
Air Fryer Option: Preheat the air fryer to 375° Fahrenheit. Spray the basket with a quality cooking oil spray. Place 4-5 patties in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
Stove Top Option: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the quinoa patties for 3-5 minutes on each side.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze the quinoa burgers before cooking by placing them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. When frozen, place them in a freezer bag or airtight container and keep for up to 2-3 months.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Greek, American
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 106.9 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, burger, quinoa, plant-based, gluten free