Cinnamon chickpea blondies are chewy, gluten free treats, perfect for snacking! This flourless vegan blondie recipe can also be made nut free.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1/3 cup creamy no stir nut butter or sunflower seed butter for nut free option.
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup for vegans
- 2/3 cup (or up to 1 cup) raw cane sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup oat flour or 1/2 cup ground oats made into flour (see notes of grain free option)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips, and/or nuts. (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Drain can of chickpeas, and rinse them well under cold water to remove residue.
- Add rinsed chickpeas, nut butter or sunflower butter, and maple syrup to the bowl of food processor. Attach the lid and process until batter is completely smooth. Stop food processor and scrape sides as needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the sugar, oat flour (or ground oats), baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the chickpea mixture to the flour mixture. Add the vanilla extract and optional chocolate/butterscotch chips and nuts.
- Transfer batter to the lined 8×8 baking pan and spread the batter out evenly.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and extra cinnamon on top .
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean and edges are golden brown. Note –Baking times vary, depending on what sugar/flour you use. If edges are starting to brown and the middle isn’t done, then cover the pan with foil and continue baking until center is fully baked.
Grain free option: You may replace oat flour with 5 tbsp (a little over 1/4 cup) sifted coconut flour, but the texture will vary. They will taste the same and are delicious!
Optional mix in or topping – My homemade vegan white chocolate recipe
- Category: desserts
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blondies, chickpea blondies, vegan blondie recipe, vegan dessert recipes