These vegan cookie dough bites make a delicious, healthy snack. They’re gluten free, easy to make, and packed with healthy nutrients from sweet potatoes and peanut flour.
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and cooked)
- 1 cup gluten free oats (ground)
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia plus 3 tbsp water (soaked)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
Dark Chocolate Magic Shell Coating:
- 4 oz dark chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
- 1 oz refined coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel your sweet potato and bake it or microwave it until it’s thoroughly cooked. Mash it all up and Set aside.
- Next, use a food processor to grind the oats until they are more like a flour or meal texture. Pour into a large bowl.
- Then make a chia egg. Combine chia seeds with water. Let it sit for 20 minutes or until a gel is formed.
- Combine everything but the chia egg into a large bowl or blender. Mix it up really well until a thick cookie dough-like batter is formed. Add in your chia egg and mix again.
- Roll batter into balls and place on baking sheet with parchment paper. Balls should be about the size of golf balls. Press them down gently so they have a flat bottom.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
For the Dark Chocolate Magic Shell Coating
- Gently place a stainless steel or pyrex bowl on top of a pot of simmering (not boiling) water. Place chocolate in bowl and stirring occasionally, let the chocolate melt. (you can use a double boiler as well)
- Once it starts melting, add in the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Continue cooking on medium-low heat, stirring until everything is melted.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip your bites or balls into the melted chocolate, or drizzle chocolate on top.
- Place dough balls on a plate or cookie sheet in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and sprinkle with extra peanut flour.
- You will have melted chocolate left over. (see notes on how to store it)
- Don’t have a stove? You can make the magic shell in the microwave. Just keep reheating it 1 minute at a time until melted.
- Want to make more magic shell and keep it for later? EASY –> You can store chocolate in glass jar in fridge until you want to use again. Just simply reheat.
Nutrition without dark chocolate coating
76 calories, 3 grams fat, 1.2 grams fiber, 3 grams sugar, 1.6 grams protein.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: snacks
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9 mg
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
Keywords: cookie dough bites, vegan cookie dough, vegan snacks