Delicious Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Peppermint! Gluten Free and easy to make Christmas cookies!
- 1 stick (around 110 g) vegan butter (soy free) or coconut oil (naturally refined and not melted)
- 3/4 cup raw sugar or xylitol for sugar free substitute
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 heaping cup 1:1 gluten free flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut drinking milk or almond milk
- 1/2 to 1 tsp peppermint extract or 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chunks
- 1/2c crushed Peppermint (extra for topping)
- Optional red/white sprinkles to coat (dye free sprinkles can be used)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicon mat
- In a small bowl, beat the butter (or coconut oil, not melted) and the sugar together and beat with electric mixer until creamed together. Around 2 minutes. Add the optional vanilla if desired. vanilla and mix in.
- In another large mixing bowl, Sift the gluten free flour and cocoa powder together then add in your basking soda and sea salt.
- Combine your wet ingredients with the sifted flours (dry mix). Beat or mix thoroughly. Batter will be thick.
- Add your milk and peppermint extract and mix again. Fold in your chocolate chunks and crushed peppermint (around 1/3 to 1/2c).
- Once the batter is mixed, roll into golf ball size balls. Coat eat cookie dough ball in sugar crystals or sprinkles (optional), then place on baking sheet.
- Press down with palm of hand or I like to use the back of a coffee mug (greased). Sprinkle your extra peppermint on top of each flat cookie.
- Place in oven in center wrack for 12-14 minutes depending on the thickness of your cookies.
- Remove from oven and let the cookie cool on tray before touching them. They will set and hardened as they cool.
- Store in ziplock bag or container. Best kept in fridge but room temp will be fine for 5-7 days. Freezer friendly.
- Estimated Nutrition below with raw sugar.
Keywords: vegan cookies, christmas cookies, chocolate cookies, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, chocolate peppermint