Learn how to make chia pudding with protein and fresh fruit for a nourishing breakfast or snack that’s so easy to make! Gluten free, dairy free, and vegan friendly.
- 1 medium to large peach, sliced or 1 cup frozen peach slices
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey (to taste)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup chia seeds (adjust to desired thickness)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Optional 40 – 50 grams vegan vanilla protein powder – See notes for other options
- Optional 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- Optional Toppings
- 1/3 cup non dairy yogurt of choice
- Sliced fruit
- Fresh mint
- Place peach slices, banana, milk, and maple syrup in a blender or food processor. Blend until a smoothie-like texture is formed. (See notes for alternative method.)
- Transfer blended mixture into a large bowl or divide into 2-3 meal prep jars. Mix in the chia seed (about 2-3 Tablespoons per jar).
- Stir in cinnamon, optional protein powder, and hemp seeds (divided between jars or all in one bowl).
- Cover and place bowl or jars in fridge for minimum 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Overnight will result in an extra thick protein pudding.
- Remove bowl or jars from fridge. If using one large bowl, spoon desired amount into a bowl. Top each jar or bowl with yogurt and peach slices. Optional mint leaf on top, if desired.
- Store leftover chia pudding covered in fridge for up to 5 days.
To help thicken the chia pudding without protein powder, mix in 2 to 3 Tablespoons gluten free rolled oats or steel cut oats.
If you don’t have a blender, finely chop the peaches, mash the banana, and mix the ingredients until well combined.
Nutrition varies depending on amount of chia seed used plus mix ins. Basic chia pudding nutrition below with 40 grams plant based protein added.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Rest Time: 1 hour +
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 156.8 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, chia seeds, chia pudding, peaches, dairy free, gluten free, breakfast, high protein, protein pudding, pudding