Turmeric Ginger Lemonade with fresh Mint is great for fighting fatigue and reducing inflammation in the body. It’s quick to make, naturally sweetened, and super refreshing! Vegan, Paleo.
- 4–5 cups spring water
- 1 to 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoon ginger or 1 tbsp fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cups or more lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon Slices
- 2 –4 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey (adjust to desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp Optional Lemon extract or lemon powder (such as true lemon)
- Optional Stevia to sweeten more if desired
- Optional pinch of black pepper to activate curcumin in turmeric
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Bring water to a light boil on the stove. Add in your spices and let it boil again for a minute, then reduce and simmer turmeric for 10 minutes. Remove from the stove and let it cool a bit. Then strain the liquid to get rid of excess ginger root or spice powder. Strain with a mesh strainer or cloth. Pour the rest of the liquid into a pitcher along with your lemon juice, extracts, and sweetener of choice. Mix again so that the maple syrup and lemon juice are combined with the turmeric ginger brew. x
- Garnish with extra lemon slices, fresh mint, and store in fridge. Add ice if desired but note it will dilute flavor.
- **Notes*- Simmering will extract the beneficial compounds from the turmeric and ginger
- Adapted from Whole Journey
- Nutrition Facts shown include using 2 tbsp honey
- Feel free to add ice but it will dilute flavor.
- Category: drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tumeric ginger lemonade, healthy drinks, anti-inflammatory, fighting fatigue