A Turkey Chow Fun zucchini stir fry recipe made with tamari zucchini noodles! This healthier chow fun stir fry is light, naturally gluten free, and lower in carbs. A chow fun recipe that puts those leftover veggies and turkey to use.
- 3 zucchini (small-medium)
- 1/2 lb roasted turkey or uncooked turkey breast (diced or sliced into strips)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 small red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2–3 tbsp avocado oil or peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 bunch scallions, cut 1-2 inches
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar or shaoxing wine if you have it (in Asian supermarkets)
- 2 tbsp [url] San-J Gluten Free Tamari Soy Sauce ∞http://san-j.com/products/organic-tamari-gluten-free-soy-sauce[/url]
- 2 tsp chili paste (or Sriracha)
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp to 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- *optional 1tbsp [url] San-J Gluten Free Mongolian Sauce ∞http://san-j.com/products/mongolian-sauce[/url]
- Spiralize the zucchini and pat dry with paper towel. Make sure to get out as much moisture as possible. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can julienne cut or peel into strips.
- Place half over turkey to marinade
- if using uncooked turkey, add 1-2 tsp potato starch
- Add oil and 1 garlic to stir fry pan. Let it bubble and become fragrant 1 minute.
- Add your turkey/sprouts.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, longer if meat is uncooked.
- Add your zucchini noodles and the other ½ of sauce.
- Toss meat with tongs on high for 2-4 minutes.
- Add scallions/pepper. Toss again.
- Drain extra sauce but reserve ¼ to 1/3 cup sauce to serve on top of noodles.
- Top with sesame and chili flakes to garnish. (Feel free to add these in the pot before serving as well).
- Add your reserved sauce to each bowl if desired.
- If you don’t have zucchini, feel free to use another veggie to spiralize for the noodles. Squash, potato, sweet potato, etc.
- Nutrition is estimated, per bowl.
- Category: main, dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 826mg
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 19.9g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
Keywords: zucchini stir fry, turkey chow fun, zucchini noodles stir fry, low carb dinner recipe, gluten free dinner recipe, leftover turkey recipes