Not your average tuna noodle casserole, this version is gluten-free, dairy-free, budget-friendly, and bakes in minutes for an easy dinner the whole family will enjoy!
- 8 ounces gluten free pasta, cooked (see notes for substitutes)
- 3 Tablespoons light olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (5-ounce) cans albacore tuna or salmon, drained
- 3/4 cup plain hummus, divided (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (~2 cloves)
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- In the pasta cooking pot or a large bowl, gently toss cooked pasta, 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper. Layer pasta in the bottom of a 9×9 casserole dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together drained tuna, 1/2 cup hummus and garlic. Spread evenly on top of pasta.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of hummus with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- Layer the spinach and broccoli on top of the tuna in the casserole dish. Dollop the creamy hummus/oil mixture on top and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm and store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Substitutes – Cooked rice, cooked quinoa, or cauliflower rice can be substituted for the pasta. Garlic hummus can be substituted for the plain hummus and minced garlic.
Cooking Tips – If doubling the recipe, use a 9×13 pan and add more oil to the pasta along with a bit of milk or broth if the pasta is dry. Feel free to combine all the ingredients before baking instead of layering. Omit tuna for a vegetarian option.
Meal Prep – Store prepared casserole in the fridge, covered, until ready to bake.
Storage Tips – For long term storage, freeze cooked casserole for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 620.2 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.3 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 29.9 g
- Cholesterol: 19 mg
Keywords: easy casserole, casserole dinner, tuna casserole, gluten free casserole, quick meal, tuna, gluten free, meal prep, dairy free, casserole, pasta