Gluten Free Toasted Panzanella Salad Bowls
- Two 6 inch or One 12 inch gluten free baguettes. Once cubed it makes 3-4 cups (We used Udis Gluten Free French Baguette) .
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs (optional)
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots (sliced or chopped)
- 2 large celery sticks
- 1/4 cup stuffed olives
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- optional lemon zest topping
- First make sure your bread is someone stale or a day old left out of counter. Once ready, then cut your bread into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch cubes. Should make around 3 or more cups.
- Preheat oven to 350F. While it’s preheating, toss your cubed bread in 1 or 2 tsp of olive oil and dried herbs.
- Place on baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, place a towel over the toasted bread/croutons, and let cool.
- Next cut up all your other veggies. Set aside until ready to use.
- Once your bread is cooled, arrange in one large bowl. Add in your veggies, olives, pepper, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Now for the dressing.
- Simply combine 4 or more tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, and a 1 tbsp or less (depending on how tangy you like it) of lemon juice. Mix all together then pour this over the salad.
- Toss the salad and let the croutons soak up the dressing.
- If you want the dressing to soak up more bread, use more olive oil and/or vinegar. You can use balsamic vinegar as well!
- Garnish with fresh basil
- Add a pinch of lemon zest and more seasoning if desired.
This is great to serve into 3 -4 smaller salad bowls or one large panzanella salad to self serve!
If you don’t want a tangy/tart dressing, then skip the lemon juice.
Feel free to add your own dressing instead! Just make sure those croutons soak it all up! YUM!
TOASTING options if you want more chewy bread, then toast for only 3-4 minutes.
Will keep at room temperature for a few hours (covered) if you want to make this ahead of time.