Thai green curry beef and veggies bowl recipe is for both the meat eater and vegetarian palate! A one pot green curry beef recipe that’s quick to make and flavorful! No noodles needed, just lots of veggies and a creamy Thai broth! Paleo, Whole 30 friendly
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp sesame or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 c green curry paste (each brand has different color as spice factor to adjust accordingly)
- 1/2 of a lime juiced (extra slices for topping)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 lemon grass sticks -sliced in half
- 4 baby bok choy (see notes for substitutions)
- 1 large carrot (6–8 inches)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 birds eye thai red pepper (1)
- 1–2 green onions – green portion (chopped)
- 1/2 small bunch or less fresh cilantro (gently torn or chopped)
- Optional 2 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
- Optional sesame seeds to garnish.
- Cook the beef until browned (not overcooked). Remove from the pan and set aside. Drain excess fat and grease.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to pan. Then 1/2 c green curry paste (store bought) and 1/2 tsp minced garlic. Stir together on medium heat.
- Add meat back to pan. Mix and cook on medium to medium high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lime juice, 2 tbsp sweet thai chili sauce (this is optional but gives it more spice/sweetness), and 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup coconut milk. *The more coconut milk you add, the more mild the curry is in the meat veggie bowl; when serving.
- Slice 1 lemon grass (cut in down the middle) and add to pan with salt/pepper to to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 -4 sliced in half baby bok choy cabbages. Place them on on top of meat mixture. Next add 1 shaved (or julienne sliced) large carrot.
- Pour 1/4 c broth on top. Cover and simmer on medium low for another 4-5 minutes or until veggies are steamed.
- Add sliced thai red pepper last. Keep thai pepper seeds for extra spice or removed for less spice.
- Serving into bowls. Spoon extra broth on top of each bowl. Garnish with chopped green onion and cilantro.
- The two Green Curry Pastes I love are Thai Kitchen and Mekhala Organics
- If you don’t have bok choy, use chopped cabbage (3 cups).
- This is a mild dish without the thai red peppers, so feel free to add more or less spice!
Estimated Nutrition Per Bowl:
380- 400 calories, 20 -24 gram fat (depending on beef you use) 9 carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, 5 grams sugar, 30-35 grams of protein.
- Category: main meal
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: green curry beef, paleo, Whole30, gluten free, curry recipes