This Thai Curry Spiced Slow Cooker snack mix is the perfect salty sweet gluten-free snack that’s packed with flavor and superfood nutrition! Something easy to make that’s healthy and great for snacks, appetizers, and on the go! Paleo and Vegan friendly.
- 5 cups raw mixed nuts (make sure to use some already chopped/halves and some whole).
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Red Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (Thai red chili is great to use here)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons tamari (gluten free soy sauce) sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2/3 – 1 cup goji berries and/or chopped dried pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes (less if you want less spicy)
- Extra paprika or curry powder mix to season after if desired.
- Place everything except dried fruit in an oiled or lined crock pot or slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together nuts, butter, sugar, spices, and Tamari all together. Pour into crock pot.
- Place on medium heat for 2 hrs, stirring once or every 30 minutes.
- If slow cooker only has high or slow, place on high for 1 hr to 90 minutes. Stirring once and checking progress of “candied” curry spiced nuts.
- Once everything is cooked, spread out the spiced nuts on a large lined baking sheet or parchment paper to cool.
- Mix in the dried goji berries or dried fruit of choice.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and extra seasoning if desired.
- Store in ziplock bag or container (sealed) for 10 days to 2 weeks. Or keep in fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Estimated Nutrition per 1/3 cup; fat content shown is if using Brazil nuts
Feel free to use any other sweet dried fruit in this snack mix!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 1.1mg
Keywords: slow cooker snack mix, Thai, curry, paleo, gluten free, vegan