For the Sauce:
- 2–3 tbsp Tamari Sauce or GF Soy Sauce
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- 2 small sockeye salmon fillets
- 4–6 cups greens
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup seeds (pumpkin or sesame)
- hard boiled egg
- Any extra sesame oil to top as desired
- First, mix your spices and oil with the tomato paste. Then coat each salmon fillet with the sauce and add in a little more tamari or oil if needed. Save extra sauce if you have it. Let it marinade for about 10 minutes. Do not marinate much longer because fish flesh is more sensitive. Place on grill or in oven at 400F for about 10 minutes or 10 min per inch of thickness.
- Once cooked add any extra spices and sauce to the fish and place on bed of salad.
- Salad toppings – Bed greens, chopped chives, shelled edamame, shredded carrots, seeds (pumpkin or sesame)
we use sizzlefish salmon. You can also just use leftover grilled salmon or chicken and the toss the marinade with the meat/fish before serving. Sauce is great for leftovers too!