Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower dip is a flavorful creamy vegetable dip that is perfect for snacking, appetizers, or small plates. Greek yogurt, homemade tandoori seasoning, roasted cauliflower, and parmesan make this dip filling and healthy!
For the Homemade Tandoori Seasoning/Rub:
- 1.5 tablespoons paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and cloves, each.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch of coconut sugar (optional)
- ground black pepper and fine sea salt to taste
For the Roasted Cauliflower Dip:
- 1 lbs cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil (divided)
- 1–2 tbsp of the homemade tandoori seasoning (above)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt – 2% or full fat (see notes for dairy free option)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 c torn fresh Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan or nutritional yeast
- optional 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- Extra Cilantro to garnish
- Fresh lemon slices to garnish
- Serve with raw vegetables, roasted nuts, gluten free chips or crackers, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix together your tandoori spices. Set aside. (Makes a little less than 1/4 c)
- Toss cauliflower florets in 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp of your tandoori seasoning.
- Spread the spiced/oiled cauliflower on a baking sheet and place in oven.
Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. Once cooled, prepare your dip.
For the Dip:
- In a food processor or blender, place 2 cups of your tandoori roasted cauliflower, 1 cup Greek yogurt (2% or full fat), a pinch of sea Salt and Pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder. 1 tsp more of your tandoori seasoning, 1/3 c fresh cilantro, and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Blend together until a thick mixture is formed.
- Next add 3 tbsp (grated) parmesan or nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp of olive oil. Turn food processor on low.
While food processor is on low, add in 1 more tbsp of olive oil and optional garlic. Let it run until a creamy dip is formed. You might have to stop and scrap the side a bit between each blend.
- Pour into a small bowl. Garnish with a olive oil, lemon, extra salt/pepper if needed, and cilantro.
Serve with veggies, GF crackers, gluten free naan bread, etc.
If you need a dairy free option, replace Greek yogurt with plain non dairy yogurt or vegan sour cream, or even cultured organic tofu (if you can tolerate soy).
You will have extra tandoori spices, which you can use on other dishes right away or store in airtight container.
The dip keeps well in fridge for up to 5 days.
Estimated Nutrition based on using 2% fat Greek yogurt.
- Category: appetizer, snack
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, cauliflower dip, low carb, gluten free, vegetarian