Baked Sweet Potato Cakes- paleo and vegan friendly. Air Fryer Option
- 1 medium to large sweet potato, peeled
- 2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 green onion, chopped.
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp organic ranch seasoning mix or dairy seasoning mix of choice
- 1 cup packed cilantro (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or gluten free flour of choice
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt and pepper (or to taste)
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet (or oil) and set aside.
- Next cut your peeled sweet potato into smaller pieces. Place in a food processor or blender and pulse until the larger pieces are broken up.
- Add in your cauliflower, onion, and garlic and pulse again.
- Add in you sunflower seeds, flaxseed, arrowroot (or flour), cilantro, and remaining seasonings. Pulse or place on medium until a thick batter is formed. See blog for picture.
- Place batter in larger bowl. Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter out at a time and form into patties about 1.5 inches thick. Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have about 7-10 patties.
- Chill in freeze for 10 minutes so the patties can set.
- Once set, place patties in oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. If you made your patties extra thick, they could take closer to 25 minutes.
- See notes for Air fryer cooking option.
For Air Fryer Option- Place cauliflower patties (4 at a time) in air fryer at 360 to 370F for 18 minutes, flipping halfway. If your patties are extra thick, they could take closer to 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: vegetarian
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 patty
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sweet potato, cakes, vegetarian, paleo, vegan, appetizer, snack, patties