The best way to use up all your seasonal produce, this summer strawberry salad recipe is bursting with vitamins, nutrients, and flavor!
For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup pecan halves (to be toasted)
- 5–6 cups (6 ounce bag) spinach leaves
- 2 cups (8 ounces) strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) zucchini, sliced or julienne cut
- 1/2 large or 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- Optional: 1/2 small red onion, sliced
For the Dressing:
For the Pecans:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast/bake for 5 minutes or until they are golden and fragrant. Check oven halfway to ensure that the pecans do not burn. Remove from the oven and set aside.
For the Dressing:
- In a small bowl (or covered jar), whisk together the dressing ingredients (oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and optional cherry juice) until well combined.
Prepare the Salad:
- In a large serving bowl add the spinach, strawberries, zucchini, avocado, feta, toasted pecans, and optional red onion (see notes).
- Drizzle the dressing on top, and toss lightly to combine.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover salad dressing in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. Always shake the dressing before serving.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Nutrition per 2 Tablespoons: 95 calories, 9.3 grams fat, 3.3 grams carbs, 0.1 grams protein *Nutrition below does not include dressing.
Storage/ Make Ahead Tips: Salad without dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Tip – If you are adding the sliced raw red onions raw, soak them in a bowl of cold water or ice water for 10 minutes to help remove the harsh aftertaste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main, Salads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 364.4 mg
- Fat: 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 8.5 g
- Cholesterol: 31.7 mg
Keywords: salad, summer, vegetarian, spinach, strawberries