This vegan ranch veggie dip (also a delicious salad dressing!) gets its spicy kick from horseradish. Make this nightshade free, AIP friendly recipe in only 5 minutes!
Makes 1 cup dressing/dip = 8 servings of 2 tbsp each
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream or milk (solid portion)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or refined avocado oil (see note 1)
- 1/4 cup vegan buttermilk (see note 2)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoons fresh minced dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure horseradish (not sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce of choice, to taste *omit for nightshade free/AIP
- Add ingredients to a glass or metal bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour into a glass jar, seal with lid, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to enhance flavor before serving. Note: coconut cream thickens in the fridge. Best to stir with a spoon or let it sit for a few minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Will stay fresh in the fridge (sealed) for 1 week.
- For thinner dressing add 1-3 tbsp more olive oil.
- To make vegan buttermilk: Combine 1/4 cup unsweetened non dairy milk + 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice. Mix and let it sit to curdle for 5 minutes. Works best using milk with high fat content.
- Category: condiments
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan ranch, spicy ranch dressing, veggie dip, nightshade free, aip friendly, gluten free, low carb, paleo, Whole30