- 1 1/4 cups cooked white navy beans
- 1/2 cup cup aged cheddar (shredded)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 4 small corn tortillas
- olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil or real butter
- 1/4 cup cream/milk or almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded brussel sprouts or leafy green vegetable of choice
- 1 lime (for juice)
- chili sauce, for serving (optional)
- First drain the beans and add them to a saucepan over low heat. If you are using beans from scratch, be sure to still drain extra juices a well. Add in the black pepper and keep on low. Either set aside or keep on low.
- For the eggs, first break the eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Add in a little coconut milk or regular cream to thicken. heat a skillet on medium low with coconut oil or real butter. gently pour int the eggs and add in your cheese, garlic, paprika, and dash of sea salt. stir all together on medium low until eggs are creamy and scrambled.
- While you are cooking the eggs, you can make the tostadas. Just brush each with little olive or avocado oil and place on foil. The bake in toaster oven or real oven on 400F for about 6 minutes, flipping once. Could be longer if you like extra crispy!
- Remove tortillas from oven. Spoon eggs on top, add a handful of Brussels sprout shavings, 1/4- 1/3 cup beans, and chili sauce to top. Add more sea salt and squeeze fresh lime on top for extra kick!
- You can also add in avocado for more good fats!
You can make this dairy free by omitting the cheese and adding in nutritional yeast!