Smoked Salmon Zucchini Noodles Salad makes for a perfect no cook meal! A zippy cajun sauce tossed in chopped vegetables and zucchini noodles then topped with peppery smoked salmon. Paleo, low carb and real food deliciousness!
- 2 zucchini or 1 zucchini & 1 summer squash
- 1/2 large red onion, peeled and chopped (1 cup chopped)
- 1 cup diced/sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 5 ounces smoked wood salmon or hot smoked salmon of choice (skin removed and sliced)
- fresh cilantro (torn) to garnish (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons capers (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup paleo mayo or red pepper hummus for an egg-free option
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt/pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (Or use a cajun spice mix in place of cayenne and paprika)
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Wash the zucchini/squash and cut off stems.
- Spiralize using a spiralizer or use a peeler to create shavings (larger flat zucchini noodles) for the zucchini pasta. The zucchinis can be julienned as well.
- Place in bowl and pat with a paper towel to remove excess water from the noodles. Set aside.
- Prep/chop the other vegetables. Mix with noodles. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
For the Cajun Sauce:
- Whisk together 1/2 cup paleo mayo or red pepper hummus (if using the hummus, be sure to heat it for 20 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl to softened before mixing), olive oil, paprika, garlic, onion powder, cayenne, salt, and black pepper.
To Finish Salad:
- Toss the sauce with the zucchini, squash noodles, and other vegetables in a bowl. Reserve some sauce for extra topping if desired.
- Add peppered or cajun spiced smoked salmon sliced on top.
- Crushed red pepper, capers, and cilantro to garnish.
- Serve an extra lemon wedge on the side.
For the Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) Prep: Press with a dry paper towel to remove excess water before mixing
If you are using this as a Whole 30 friendly dish, please check the ingredients on smoked salmon. You will want to use smoked salmon without any added sugar/honey.
Estimated Nutrition shown below Per Serving, with mayo vs hummus – If you use hummus, the fat content will be reduced
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: main, sides, salads
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 724.1 mg
- Fat: 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 21.5 mg
Keywords: zucchini noodles, smoked salmon, paleo, whole30, gluten free, low carb