Smoked Salmon Zucchini Noodles Salad makes for a perfect no cook meal! A zippy cajun sauce tossed in chopped vegetables and zucchini noodles then topped with peppery smoked salmon. Paleo, low carb and real food deliciousness!
- 2 zucchini or 1 zucchini & 1 summer squash
- 1/2 large red onion, peeled and chopped (1 cup chopped)
- 1 cup diced/sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup paleo mayo or red pepper hummus for egg free option
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt/pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (Or use a cajun spice mix in place of cayenne and paprika)
- 5 oz smoked wood salmon or hot smoked salmon of choice (skin removed and sliced)
- Fresh Cilantro (torn) to garnish
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes to garnish.
- Wash your zucchini/squash and cut off stems.
- Spiralize using a spiralizer or use a peeler to create shavings (larger flat zucchini noodles) for the zucchini pasta. You can also just julienne cut the zucchinis.
- Place in bowl and pat with paper towel to remove excess water from the noodles. Set aside.
- Prep/chop your other vegetables. Mix with noodles. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and pepper.
For the Cajun Sauce:
- Whisk together 1/2 cup paleo mayo or red pepper hummus (if using the hummus, be sure to heat it for 20 seconds in microwave safe bowl to softened before mixing), olive oil, paprika, garlic, onion powder, cayenne, salt, and black pepper. Taste to see if it’s to your liking.
To Finish Salad:
- Toss the sauce with the zucchini and squash noodles and other vegetables in bowl. You don’t have to use all the sauce if you prefer to reserve some.
- Add peppered or cajun spiced smoked salmon sliced on top.
- Crushed red pepper, capers, and cilantro to garnish.
- Serve extra lemon wedge on the side.
- Feel free to add gluten free pasta to serve more. I’ve added 2 ounces of lentil pasta to make it serve 5 people.
- For the Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) Prep: Press with paper towel to remove excess water before mixing.
- Sizzlefish has a great selection of smoked salmon to use in this recipe.
- If you are using this as a Whole 30 friendly dish, please check ingredients on smoked salmon. You will want to use smoked salmon without any added sugar/honey.
- Estimated Nutrition shown below Per Serving, with mayo vs hummus – If you use hummus, the fat content will be reduced
- Category: main, sides, salads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini noodles, smoked salmon, paleo, whole30, gluten free, low carb