Herb roasted Fall Vegetables, leafy greens, gluten free ancient grain bread, pomegranate, and toasted hazelnuts. It’s a wholesome Fall salad that’s gluten free, dairy free, and simple to make.
For the Croutons:
- 3 cups cubed gluten free bread or about 8 slices (1/2 loaf of Udis Millet Chia Bread)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Rosemary sprigs 1 to 2 – stems removed
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 c whole hazelnuts (skin off optional)
For the herb roasted vegetables:
- 1/4 to 1/3 c olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp or so Sea Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 garlic clove large – minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary (just leaves, stems removed)
- 1 cup radish -chopped
- 1.5 cup chopped Brussels Sprouts (shavings or chopped)
- 3 tbsp chopped shallot
- 2 cups peeled sweet potatoes – spiralized or ribbon cut
- 1 large yellow carrot – chopped
- 1 beet sliced thin
Extras for the Fall Salad Bowls:
- 3-4 cups leafy greens (Kales, Swiss Chard, spinach)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Fresh oregano (optional) to garnish
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next toss your gluten free cubed bread with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 or 2 sprigs of rosemary (stems removed) and a pinch of salt and pepper. You will want to make sure the bread is thoroughly coated (soaked) with the oil. Spread it out on baking sheet with hazelnuts. Toast in oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Turn up the oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 to 1/3 c olive oil, 1/4 tsp or so Sea Salt, pinch of pepper, 1 minced garlic clove ,1 tbsp lemon juice,1 tbsp maple syrup, and 2 sprigs of Rosemary (just leaves, stems removed).
- In another large bowl. Place all your prepared vegetables; carrots, Brussel Sprouts, beets, sweet potatoes, radish, and shallot. These should already be chopped/sliced/or spiralized as mentioned in ingredients. Add your oil/maple/herb mix to your vegetables and toss together, coating.
- Lay your vegetables flat on a lined baking sheet or roasting pan.
Place in oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven, toss the vegetables again on the baking sheet, then place back in the oven for an additional 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through. (see notes) Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- Next, layer your Fall salad. In a large bowl, place you leafy greens, then add your roasted vegetables and toasted gluten free bread plus hazelnuts. Toss if desired or keep layered.
- Last add your garnishes; Pomegranate seeds, lemon slices, micro-greens, fresh oregano if desired.
Salt and pepper to taste.
OPTIONAL – Splash the salad with a small amount of of balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
Make sure your vegetables are all cut/diced/sliced before coating with oil and roasting. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can thinly slice your sweet potatoes. The cooking times may vary per oven, so check vegetables every 8-10 minutes, turning and toss in pan until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: panzanella fall salad, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, healthy salad