This hot crab dip is bursting with extra flavor from roasted jalapeno peppers! It’s an easy gluten free party appetizer recipe, perfect for your next holiday gathering.
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 3 cloves
- 5 ounces (2/3 cup) Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 5 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup hummus or mayo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese *
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or lime
- 6 ounces canned lump crab (drained)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons chopped green onion (scallion)
- Cilantro, if desired
Roast the jalapeños
- Roast jalapenos on foil lined baking sheet at 425 F. for 10 minutes, then flip them over and roast another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Seal in zip top or paper bag for a few minutes to loosen skin. Then remove skin and slice the jalapenos. Remove seeds if desired.
For the crab dip:
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl, including the jalapenos, and stir to combine. If you are making dip ahead of time, you can stop here and refrigerate the mixture. Then, bake it just before you are ready to serve it.
- Bake the dip at 350F for 22-25 minutes, then place it under a broiler for about 60 seconds.
*Nutritional yeast maybe subbed for cheddar cheese.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crab dip, hot crab dip, roasted jalapenos