This Thai-Style Stir Fry with Pork and Broccolini is a great weeknight meal that is easy to make, gluten free, and paleo friendly.
- 1 lb. organic pork loin (stew or stir fry cut)
- 1–2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1–2 tbsp gluten free tamari or gluten free soy sauce (divided)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (more if you want “sticky”)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (gluten free brand)
- 1/3 c cup red onion or shallot
- 1/3 cup chopped or crushed nuts
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- dash of sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches of broccolini stalks (10–14 ounces)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 sliced thai red pepper
- 1 or 2 sliced shisoto pepper (optional)
- thai basil leaves to garnish
- First make sure your pork is clean and chopped as well as your veggies. Chopped or mince your garlic.
- Set them all aside,
- Next heat oil in a fry pan to medium high. Add your pork and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until your pork is browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add your sugar, spices, and gluten free tamari or soy sauce. Cook on medium high until sugar and sauce start to bubble and caramelize. About 2 -3 minutes.
- Place your pork, onion, nuts, broccolini, salt/pepper back in the pan and stir fry for 3-5 minutes until broccolini is tender and pork is cooked through.
- Add additional tbsp of tamari sauce (*only if it needs more sauce to coat*) and keep tossing the meat/veggies in the sugar sauce while frying.
- Add in your sliced peppers and lime juice and mix everything again while stir frying on medium high for the last 1-2 minutes.
- Plate or place all in serving bowl. Reserve the sauce.
- Pour a few tbsps of sauce over each serving or serving bowls and garnish with fresh thai basil.
The red thai pepper makes it spicy. Feel free to substitute it with bell peppers or just shisoto to make it more mild.
Make this vegan and sub the pork for tempeh or tofu! EASY!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min