Paleo pineapple fried rice is a delicious and healthier version of Chinese carry-out. Make this cauliflower rice recipe in under 15 minutes!
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (1 small head of cauliflower) *see notes
- 2 large eggs, beaten (plus oil for cooking)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 small green onions (white and green portions divided)
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix, thawed
- 3 Tablespoons tamari sauce, gluten free soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1 pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup diced pineapple- reserve 1 Tablespoon pineapple juice if you have any
- 3 oz cooked chicken breast
- yum yum sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cashews
- The day before you make this recipe, bake and chill the cauliflower rice. See notes for more info.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon oil. Add and scramble eggs, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate. Wipe the pan clean.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon each sesame oil, garlic, and ginger, and 1/4 cup white portion of green onions to the pan. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and softened but not browned.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and add thawed peas/carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix in cauliflower rice, tamari sauce, salt, red pepper, pineapple (and juice),and additional 1 teaspoon sesame oil and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the scrambled egg and mix to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining green onions.
- If there is any sauce left in the skillet or wok, pour that on top of bowl before serving.
- Top with optional crushed nuts and yum yum sauce. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
To make Cauliflower Rice: Chop cauliflower head in half and cut off stems. Place half in a food processor or blender and pulse until it’s “riced.” Then do the other half. See this post for how to rice veggies.
For best “fried rice”, bake cauliflower rice in the oven on a sheet pan for 18 minutes at 350°F. Let it cool, then store in a container in the fridge until ready to use. Best made the day before.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Dinners
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 661.5 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.1 g
- Fiber: 8.5 g
- Protein: 13.3 g
- Cholesterol: 124 mg
Keywords: pineapple fried rice, pineapple rice, healthy fried rice, cauliflower rice, Paleo, gluten free