This homemade spiced pumpkin seed granola is made with healthy fats and natural sugars for a nut-free, grain-free snack! Vegan and Paleo.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (or homemade version below)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients (minus coconut) to a mixing bowl in the order listed. Stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a prepared baking sheet and place it in oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. (see notes)
- Add coconut to the pan and mix with a spoon, evenly. Place the baking pan back in the oven so the coconut can toast for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Then remove pan from the oven, and allow the granola to cool on the pan.
- Once the pan has cooled, the granola should be ready to break into smaller pieces.
- Add any optional mix-ins desired and enjoy!
For less granola clusters, be sure to mix seeds in the oven every 5 minutes. For more of the “clusters” then leave the granola intact and break it into pieces after it has baked and cooled.
If you don’t have sesame seeds, substitute with 1/4 cup more sunflower seeds.
Optional mix-ins include chopped dates, dried cranberries, dark chocolate etc.
Best kept in airtight container for up to 3 weeks. To maintain freshness, store in fridge.
- Category: snacks
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 to 1/3 cup
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 59 mg
- Fat: 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.9 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: gluten-free, gluten-free snacks, snack, healthy snack, pumpkin spice, grain-free, granola, kid-friendly