Pineapple Watermelon Salsa is made with fresh fruit and veggies for a refreshing summer appetizer or taco topping recipe for parties, barbecues, and more. Make it ahead of time for easy snacking!
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion or shallot
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar or dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt/pepper to taste
- Prepare your vegetable by chopping/dicing them to the desired salsa thickness (See notes).
- Place all of the first 6 ingredients into a non-reactive serving bowl. Mix in the chopped cilantro and splash of lime juice. Mix together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill – Place in fridge and allow it to chill for at least 30 minutes. Can make up to 12 hours ahead.
- Stays fresh (covered) in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I prefer to chop/dice the watermelon and pineapple a bit on the larger side. This helps to prevent the fruit from turning soft too early. It also makes for a great meat/seafood topping.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: chope
- Cuisine: mexican-american
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, salsa, tacos, dip, appetizer, watermelon, pineapple, jalapeno, plant based