A Buckeyes Recipe with Protein! These Peanut Butter Protein Buckeyes are a no bake treat. Dairy free, vegan, gluten free and a Paleo option.
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (almond butter if paleo)
- 1 scoop protein powder (32 grams) can substitute with 2 tablespoons of powered peanut butter or peanut flour. (See notes for paleo protein choices)
- Almond or coconut milk of choice, as needed
- 1/4 c cup chocolate chips of choice (dairy-free/sugar-free, if necessary). We use Enjoy Life Vegan Dark Chocolate. Unsweetened chocolate for lower sugar.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter with the protein powder and mix very well. The mixture should be incredibly crumbly. Using a tablespoon at a time, add your milk of choice until a very thick batter remains. Form the batter into small balls and immediately place them in the freezer to firm up.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop, melt your chocolate chips together with the coconut oil. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 to 3 minutes to cool slightly. Remove the balls from the freezer and, using a spoon, dip half of each ball in the chocolate mixture until each buckeye has a half-moon chocolate coating. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes more, until the chocolate has hardened.
- You will most likely not need to use the full amount of the chocolate coating. If desired, feel free to coat each ball entirely in it.
- (Paleo option) Swap out the peanut butter for smooth almond butter or cashew butter.
- NUTRITION is based on type of protein powder and chocolate used. Approx. 100- 118 calories per bite.
- You can easily double ingredients to make 14-15 small buckeyes.
- For Paleo friendly protein powder, check out [Primal Fuel by Primal Kitchen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 86.4mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 2.5mg
Keywords: peanut butter desserts, peanut butter buckeyes with protein, no bake protein bites, no bake desserts, vegan desserts, gluten free desserts