Cinnamon Spiced Almond Flour Cookies are the perfect grain free cookie for the holidays. These deliciously sweet cookies are made grain free with almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and butter or coconut oil
- 2 1/4 cups blanched fine almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons + arrowroot or tapioca flour (oat flour may be substituted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or refined coconut oil, softened (room temperature)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (Erythritol or monk fruit sugar for low sugar / low carb option)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Sparkling cane sugar
- In a small bowl, sift together the almond flour, arrowroot flour/starch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine the butter in a mixing bowl with the sugar and vanilla extract. Beat the ingredients together on medium speed until they are creamy.
- Add in the egg, and beat the ingredients on low speed until they are combined.
- Working in batches, add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat the ingredients on low until they are combined and smooth. *
- Using a silicone spatula, scrape the dough into a ball (inside the bowl). Then, transfer it to a large piece of plastic wrap, and wrap it up tightly.
- Place the batter in the fridge to chill for at least 1 to 2 hours. (See notes.)
- Once the batter has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a cookie dough scoop or spoon to shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the cookie dough balls in sparkling cane sugar, and place them on the prepared baking sheet 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 or 15 minutes (altitude will take longer) or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Check for doneness at 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven, and let them cool on the pan for 15 minutes.
* If the batter is too sticky to shape into a ball, add 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon more arrowroot flour/starch.
*If the batter has not set after refrigerating, move it to the freezer for an additional 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
*Dough may be chilled overnight if you are making it ahead of time.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 87.6 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 17.9 mg
Keywords: Christmas cookies, cinnamon spiced almond flour cookies, grain free, gluten free, low carb, paleo