Cinnamon Spiced Almond Flour Cookies are the perfect grain free cookie for the holidays. These deliciously sweet cookies are made with healthy fats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and almond flour. They taste like Chinese almond cookies! Paleo and low carb options shown in recipe notes.
- 2 1/4 cup Almond flour or a paleo flour blend (see notes)
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot or Tapioca flour (oat flour may be substituted)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter or refined coconut butter/oil, softened, not liquid. (if batter is too dry, add 2–3 tbsp more)
- 1 cup Coconut sugar (Erythritol or monk fruit sugar for low sugar / low carb option)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- optional – sparkling cane sugar or almond slivers for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, sift together almond flour (or paleo blend), baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, soften your butter/oil but do not let it melt. Combine in mixing bowl with sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Beat on low until creamy.
- Keep mixer on low and slowly add in your flour mixture. NOTE – If you are using almond flour, mix in 1 tbsp arrowroot starch or tapioca starch here as well.
- Beat or mix until smooth and then place batter in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll batter into balls then roll in cane sugar or sparkling sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet. If you want to skip the sugar, see notes.
- Bake for 12 or 15 minutes (altitude will take longer) or until cookies are golden brown. Check progress at 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 15 minutes.
- You can sub a gluten free 1:1 flour if need be (non paleo). Cooking times will vary though.
- If you want to skip rolling the dough in sugar –> roll dough and place on cookie sheet. Press a few slivered almonds on top of each rolled dough and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas cookies, cinnamon spiced almond flour cookies, grain free, gluten free, low carb, paleo