A refreshing twist on the classic French Salade Nicoise
- 4 oz Tuna or sablefish (fatty white fish)
- 1/2 c to 2/3 cup sliced boiled red potato or sweet potato (seasoned with black pepper and garlic)
- 1/2 cup french green beans (lightly steamed)
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 hard boiled egg or soft boiled egg
- 2–3 tbsp chopped olives
- 2 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds or capers (to replace the anchovies if desired)
- 3–4 cup mixed greens or butter lettuce
- sea salt to taste
- fresh basil
- 1 tbsp red palm oil
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic and onion seasoning
- lemon juice
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- dash of sea salt
- dash of onion powder
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- To cook the fish, heat a skillet on medium heat. Add in your palm oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and dash of sea salt. Cook on medium to medium high for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Mine took about 10 minutes. The flesh will be flaky and buttery.
- If you haven’t already cooked your red potato or sweet potato, you can simply chop them steam in microwave bowl for 2-3 minutes. I seasoned mine with a little black pepper and sea salt after. You can also slightly steam your green beans, but make sure they are still crunchy.
- Once everything is cooked, place your greens in a bowl, arrange your potatoes within the greens, then add in your tomatoes and beans.
- Next, slice your cooked fish and place on top with the olives and sunflower seeds. Add lemon juice on top.
To make the dressing.
- Mix the ingredients listed above into a small jar. Pour half or all over salad. How ever much you prefer. Top with a few fresh basil leaves.
This serves 1 big salad or 2 smaller salads.
if you do have red palm oil, you can use coconut oil or butter. No prob! Just needs to be higher heat oil.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: French