These paleo protein bars are made with whole food ingredients and natural sugar for a nourishing snack that is great for travel, breakfast, and more! Paleo and vegan options.
- 2–1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried mango (about 4–5 pieces). Note – dried apricot and pineapple can be substituted.
- 1/4 cup or 2 scoops (60 grams) protein powder of choice (see notes below for options)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup hot water (purified)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- First add the almonds and coconut into a high powdered blender or food processor and grind until an almond meal-like texture is formed.
- Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Next grind up the dried mango. They are sometimes tough to process. If a high-powered blender or food processor is not available, use a sharp knife to cut the mango into smaller pieces.
- Remove from food processor and mix the dried mango with the almond coconut mixture. Stir in the protein powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate small mixing bowl. Combine honey or maple syrup, hot water, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine, then add to dry ingredients.
- If the batter is too thick, just add more hot water, or even a little honey. If it’s too wet, add more protein powder or flour of choice. Mix well with hands then press into a lined 8×8 baking dish. Let bars cool in the fridge for 1 hour or longer, then cut into squares.
- Keep refrigerated and consume within 5 to 7 days.
About the protein powder: Egg white protein works best with this recipe, however, 100% whey protein isolate, Pea Protein, or Brown Rice Protein can be substituted. Depending on what is used, the texture and taste will be a little different, so adjust honey/water accordingly.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: snack
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 12.1 g
- Sodium: 236.7 mg
- Fat: 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: paleo protein bars, energy bars, paleo, healthy snacks, gluten free