These dried orange slices are sprinkled with spices and coconut sugar. Make them for a cocktail garnish or healthy snack. Paleo and vegan!
- 2 large blood oranges or navel oranges, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground ginger
- dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Wash and dry oranges, then cut into very thin slices (as thin as possible). Lay them flat on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix your spices and sugar.
- Sprinkle evenly over orange slices.
- Dry in the oven at 200°F. for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If your orange slices are thick, they will take longer.
- After removing them from the oven, add more spices and/or sugar, if desired.
- Store in a cool dry place. Ziplock works great!
NOTES for EATING –> to make sure the rinds don’t taste bitter, cut EXTRA thin and add sugar and/or spice to edges before baking
- Category: Snacks
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 21
- Sugar: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 10.6 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.1 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dried orange slices, paleo, dehydrated oranges, cocktail garnishes, vegan, healthy snacks