Orange Vanilla Protein Overnight Oats is an easy make-ahead, dairy free breakfast recipe. This delicious breakfast is made using fresh oranges and the addition of collagen peptides, so it offers your body a boost of morning energy!
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 8 ounces non dairy yogurt OR substitute with regular vanilla Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces almond milk
- 2–3 ounces fresh orange juice (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–2 scoops vanilla collagen protein powder * (40-60 grams)
- Fresh mint or thyme to garnish (optional)
- Orange slices
- Place oats in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix together yogurt, orange juice, honey, spices, collagen, and extracts.
- Pour over oats and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 3 hours. The oats will absorb the liquid during this time.
- Once the oats have thickened, remove bowl from fridge and portion out the protein overnight oats into 2 or 3 small bowls. Garnish with orange slices and mint, if desired. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or extra maple syrup, if desired.
- Serves 3 to 4.
* I used Further Food Vanilla Collagen Protein for this recipe.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: protein overnight oats, collagen peptides, dairy free, gluten free