Made with unrefined sugar, this mocha almond fudge is rich and indulgent. This vegan fudge recipe requires NO cooking and uses NO sweetened condensed milk!
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 22 pitted dated (around 285 grams)
- 1/4 cup creamy no stir nut butter (almond, peanut butter, or cashew)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder (I used red unsweetened cocoa)
- 2–3 Tablespoons instant espresso or fine ground coffee
- optional pinch of cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons dark chocolate shavings
- 2–3 Tablespoons whole bean coffee – crushed
- gluten free cookie or graham cracker crumbs (1/2 cup)
- maple syrup, for extra sweetness
- Toast the almonds first by placing them in a skillet and lightly toasting them on medium heat until brown, or on a baking sheet in oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Alternatively, use regular blanched almonds, slivered or sliced.
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes to soften.
- Drain water from dates and add them to bowl of a food processor with nut butter and vanilla extract. Blend for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl if needed. Blend until smooth.
- Add melted coconut oil and cocoa and blend again for a few minutes, until a thick batter is formed.
- Add instant espresso and pinch of cinnamon (if using) pulse until blended evenly. Taste batter for sweetness. If it’s not sweet enough, add in 1-2 Tablespoons maple syrup and mix again.
- Press the mixture into a small bread pan lined with parchment, preferably 7 x 10-inch pan. (See notes for optional graham cracker crust.) Add dark chocolate shavings , toasted slivered almonds, and crushed coffee beans on top.
Freeze for 1 hour or until set. Slice to serve. Makes 9 to 10 large slices or 20+ squares.
- Recipe yield is 9 to 10 large slices or 20+ squares.
- Store in a ziploc storage bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- Fudge Cookie Bar Option
If you want the graham cracker bottom (as seen in pictures), simply blend 4 gluten free graham cracker squares into a fine meal or crumble. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and spread the crumbs over the parchment. Then, pour fudge over crumbs and allow it to set. Omit graham crackers for paleo version.
- Estimated Nutrition Information:
For a whole slice, the calories will be much more dense, around 250 calories. If you want to cut into 16 square pieces, use the nutrition info shown below.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 1.5mg
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: paleo, gluten free, holiday desserts, fudge, vegan