No Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls are a healthy lunchbox treat! Crushed nuts, chocolate chips, rolled oats, creamy nut butter, and dried cranberries come together to taste just like oatmeal cookies. Vegan-friendly and kid-friendly!
- 1/4 to 1/3 c crushed honey roasted nuts. Regular crushed nuts may be substituted.
- 2 cup gluten-free rolled oats (we use Bob’s Red Mill)- If you use quick cooking oats, you will need more.
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
- 1/3 c dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natural no-stir nut butter or sunflower seed butter (adjust depending on the brand of nut butter you use)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c to 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (see notes)
- optional 2 tbsp GF flour or protein powder if you need the batter less sticky.
- Crush your glazed nuts by hand or in a blender, set aside. You may also use packaged chopped nuts.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rolled oats, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, nuts, and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Next, add the creamy nut butter and vanilla. Stir again.
- Gradually add the honey (or maple syrup), mixing with a spoon between pours. Adjust the amount of honey you use depending batter’s thickness.
- If batter is too sticky, add a few tbsp of coconut flour or protein powder. Mix with spoon.
- Before rolling, chill the batter in the fridge for 20 minutes. That way, it’s easier to roll later.
- Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls and place on a cookie tray or plastic ware with parchment paper underneath.
- Let them freeze for 20-30 minutes then transfer into a Ziploc bag. Keep in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- We use Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, which stir well and are vegan.
- If you want a thinner batter, blend the oats with the nuts in a food processor so it’s a chopped texture. Then you will probably need less honey/nut butter.
- Pro Tip Add in your nut butter and honey a little bit at a time until you find the right consistency to roll into balls. Each batch will be different depending on how fine you blend the nuts and the type of nut butter you use. Pretty easy to adjust though.
- Nutrition shown below is for 1 bite. 3-4 bites are equivalent to a nutrient-dense energy bar.
- Category: snacks
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 energy bite
Keywords: no bake oatmeal cookies, energy bites, no bake snacks