Gluten free No Bake Oatmeal Cookies Energy Bites are a healthy lunchbox treat! This no-bake oatmeal cookie recipe makes vegan-friendly, kid-friendly, easy no-bake snacks.
- 1/4 to 1/3 c crushed honey roasted nuts or maple glazed pecans. Regular crushed nuts may be substituted.
- 2 cup gluten-free rolled oats (we use Bob’s Red Mill)- If you use quick cooking oats, you will need more.
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (see notes)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
- 1/3 c dried cranberries (unsweetened to reduce sugar, if desired)
- 1/2 cup natural no-stir nut butter or sunflower seed butter (adjust depending on the brand of nut butter you use)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- optional 2 tbsp GF flour or protein powder if you need the batter less sticky.
- Crush your glazed nuts by hand or in a blender, transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add your oats, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and cinnamon and mix together.
- Next, add your creamy nut butter. Stir again.
- Finally, Add in your vanilla extract and honey (or maple syrup), a little bit a time, mixing with a spoon between pours. Adjust the amount of honey you use depending batter’s thickness. You might need more or less.
- If batter is too sticky, add a few tbsp of coconut flour or protein powder. Mix with spoon.
- Before rolling, chill the batter in the fridge for 20 minutes. That way, it’s easier to roll later.
- Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls and place on a cookie tray or plastic ware with parchment paper underneath.
- Let them freeze for 20-30 minutes then transfer into a Ziploc bag. Keep in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- We use Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, which stir well.
- If you want a thinner batter, blend the oats with the nuts in a food processor so it’s a chopped texture. Then you will probably need less honey/nut butter.
- Pro Tip Add in your nut butter and honey a little bit at a time until you find the right consistency to roll into balls. Each batch will be different depending on how fine you blend the nuts and the type of nut butter you use. Pretty easy to adjust though.
- Nutrition shown below is for 1 bite. 3-4 bites are equivalent to a nutrient-dense energy bar.
- Category: snacks
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 energy bite
Keywords: no bake oatmeal cookies, energy bites, no bake snacks